Show us the world you live in.
Reimagine the world around you and unleash your inner cartographer. Create a ‘wall worthy’ interactive map that illustrates one way in which you see the world. (Bonus points for going 3D!)
What to build:
An interactive mapping web/mobile app or hardware hack.
Can I submit something I've already built?
Sure, but you must add something new for this hackathon.
Does it have to work IRL?
YES! Mockups and slideshows are boring. Show us something we can use. It doesn't have to be in the app store or open source, but we do have to be able to test it.
What's in it for me?
Our sponsor Clusterpoint has generously donated an Apple Watch for each member of the winning team and there are also loads of other prizes up for grabs.
I want to participate, but I don't know where / how to start. Halp!
No problemo. We've compiled a list of data sources, APIs, libraries, examples, tutorials, and ideas just for you.
How can I find a teammate?
Head over to the participants page and reach out to a fellow hacker.
- You must submit an interactive mapping web/mobile app or hardware hack.
- You must provide access to and testing instructions for your submission.
- Use any language, framework, library you want.
- If you’re submitting an existing app / project, you must include a description of what you’ve added for this hackathon.
- No malicious code — pls don't hack the gibson!
Graphics Editor at New York Times
Chief Technology Officer of the Cadasta Foundation
Quality of Idea
Includes creativity and originality
Implementation of Idea
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer
Includes the potential impact on users